June 24th, 2021
Getting Started with Creating your own Website!
If you want to connect with audiences around the world, then having a website is essential. It’s the most powerful tool for communication. With technology growing every day, it has never been easier to grow your business or brand online.
A website is a unique way to connect with the world, allowing you the ability to personalise the information and aesthetic wherever, whenever. Whether you choose to create a website to share your passion for music, inform people of your business, sell products or for any other reason, there are no boundaries to what you can do!
The purpose of a website is to turn clicks into customers. And the way to do this is to identify who will be visiting your site. From this, you can then speak to their needs and give them a clear action step to take next.
You have 15 seconds to generate interest from a user before they abandon your site!
Before creating your website you will need:
- A domain name (this is the name of your website/business)
- Website hosting (this is where your website files are stored)
Creating a domain name.
Having a domain name will give your business a more professional look which, in turn, will build your brands credibility, increase brand awareness, and improve your search engine positioning. For fast and cheap domain registration, you can visit our domain search bar here:
to see if your domain name is available or browse our recommended domain alternatives.
Before purchasing your domain, here are some tips to follow:
- Keep it short
- Easy to type, don’t want audiences to mistype and end up on a different site!
- Easy to pronounce and shareable
- Avoid hyphens and numbers
- Choose niche keywords that are relatable to your brand
- Check the name is available across other platforms first
- Use a domain generator for inspiration if you are struggling
If you already have a domain but want a better provider with additional customer care and improved pricing, you can transfer your domain to Barruko and extend your domain by one year. Click here to transfer your domain.
Website hosting means providing the technological service needed for the website or webpage to be viewed on the internet. This includes having a server and offering storage, connectivity and services that are vital for serving files for a website.
Your website’s hosting server stores all of your website’s data and information. If you have a poor website hosting service, this will cause your website to run slowly and create a poor user experience, which could, in turn, drive away potential business.
Some of the services you can expect from us are:
- Increase Website Loading Time. Having a fast website will give a better user experience, encouraging visitors to stay longer and be converted into customers.
- No Disruption. Having a good website hosting server will mean your website is less likely to be down and suffer from any issues.
- Better Security. Hackers won’t be able to attain any personal or private information from your site.
- Daily Backups. Your website will be regularly backed up, and information can be restored at any time in the event of an attack or issue.
- Support. You will have access to 24/7 personal support and advice for any of your website needs.
It is essential to establish your needs first then choose a plan that is the best fit for you and your business. All of our website packages come with Unlimited Bandwidth, which refers to the amount of data allowed to pass to and from your website. You won’t receive a monthly cap on this amount of data like other companies if you have a high volume of people visiting your site.
Our motto here at Barruko is, “As you grow, we grow. It’s as simple as that.” – Paalan Sood, Director.
With our website hosting packages, you can grow your website and scale with us when expanding your site in the future.
Once you have a domain name and a website hosting platform, you are now ready to set up your WordPress site!
WordPress is a great site to use for building yourself a website as it comes with a wide range of designs and templates that you can easily customise to create yourself the perfect site.
Once you become more familiar with WordPress, you can download different plugins that will extend your website’s ability.
Here are some FREE plugins we recommend:
- Yoast SEO – this helps you make SEO (Search engine optimisation) tweaks easier, which will help improve your search engine rankings.
- Google Analytics for WordPress – This allows you to see how visitors find and use your website so you can use this information to keep them coming back.
- Optimole – This plugin helps to optimise the images on your site so that they don’t strain the server. This provides a better user experience for customers as it increases image loading time and delivers high-quality images perfectly sized for every device.
Creating a website doesn’t need to be expensive when using our services in collaboration with WordPress. A website is one of the best investments any business can make as it has the potential for your products and services to be viewed globally. We hope this blog post gives you a better understanding of the steps needed to create a website.
If you have any further questions about launching a website, we will be more than happy to help assist you in every way we can. Email us at [email protected]